Well, my Super Bowl post was somewhat delayed (hangover) so I'll get this one out closer to the final horn/gun/buzzer/siren/kneel down/some other annoying sound or play insert here.
Syracuse went to Storrs to play UCONN, and what do you know, they choked, AGAIN. Jimmy B better pull his head out of ass and begin coaching, because N-I-T is on the eye chart. I honestly think watching Syracuse try and close a game is the same thing as watching a chicken with their head cut off - totally unpredictable and boarderline hilarious - then I realize that this is my favorite team.
The culprits leading the way to the N-I-T...
1) Jimmy B - what the fuck is he doing? Nothing, it's almost like watching Art Shell, well, at least Jimbo shows some emotion. Eric Devendorf cannot have the ball in his hands down the stretch, it ain't happening. Here's the way I look at it - let Paul Harris run the point, or your fucking POINT GUARD who played next to nothing in the 2nd half. Then you have Devendorf, Nichols, and Rautins all working to get open - three good shooters - but not good creators in the clutch. Genius - this team would be a lot better if I was coaching.
2) Eric Devendorf - he is the chicken with no head - running around like an idiot, forcing shit left, right, up, down, wherever. Great offensive player - he is offensive at the end of games.
3) The two big guys - Watkins and Roberts must have learned from Hakim Warrick cause they are sure great at hacking, getting caught in the air, swatting at everything.
Alright, I'll stop, those are the big three (four) reasons this team is in trouble, but there still is time to turn it around. Cut down on the turnovers, stop hacking, and play smart - three things this team hasn't figured out.
Basically, pull your heads out of each other's asses!
Monday, February 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yo TK,
Yeah, Cuse is having a rough go this year. Here's what I think their problems are:
1. There is no leader on the team. Everyone was spoiled by having G-Mac around and now none of them know how to fill the void. Nichols is the leading scorer in the Big East, but he can't take over a game. He has a solid 3 point shot, but only when he comes off a screen, he can't create off the dribble. His fadeaway is decent but streaky. Wright is a good ball handler but he can't finish a fast break to save his life, which is huge for momentum in games.
2. The bigs just haven't realized their potential. Besides Roberts and Watkins constantly looking like they're trying to challenge Reche Caldwell to a bug eye contest, they can't rebound or hit foul shots. No wonder Jimmy B looks disinterested this year, he probably can't wait for them to get the hell out.
Post a Comment